Tuesday, February 07, 2006

the test

it does not matter 'bout my growing age
weather young or old or new or bearded sage
fate has a funny way to turn the page
tragic hopeful, or filled with roiling rage
life goes on no matter how i feel
what i do just simply turns the wheel
heart of gold or soul of tempered steel
while i balance on the edge of real
the search is futile when in my heart i know
that all thats inside on the outside shows
through the summer rain or winter snow
taking this lifes pleasures and it's blows
all i know is deep within my heart
it sits there waiting for a time to start
whether stupid or extremely smart
i have it in me wholly, not in part
so the test is whether i can see
how my truest heart can simply be
from desert storms to tropic gentle sea
the fullest all that makes what i call me

amen

2 Comments:

Blogger Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Amen.

You got to work with Sam? Were you a guest on Law & Order or something else?

He has my original artwork and he prayed for me in a very special way... (I sorta figure things out, you know. It's that "good relationship" I have with my Father.)

Thanks for letting me know who said that quote: "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
-Plato.

Wow... to think that saying is that old. Too bad umpteen million people over the centuries haven't paid attention.

Here's another favorite quote of mine... a little newer, but of the same meaning: ”…let us pledge allegiance to compassion, humanity and each other.” -Richard Belzer, July 4, 2005.

Kind Regards,
Reni.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Katiez Furry Mewz said...

You write very insightful poetry, by the way.

I tend to use fiction/poetry as a way of expressing my emotions in a safe environment.

^..^

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home