Thursday, January 12, 2006

the carrot

alone in my illness
my companion at my side
austrian mountains
mozart on the ride

a walk
a long walk
surviving

no where to sit

a sunny chilly day
coffee
water
music on the way
singers from tibeten throats
whistling eerie sounds

classical musician
guitar
peddling rounds

on the plaza
countrymen
drinking beer

vegatables at harvest
closing down

bright orange

around the back
of a laden stand
ending it's day

evening sun cold
then warm
showering my weakness

i asked to buy a carrot

shining eyes caught mine

reaching out
with
a single carrot
her eyes smiled
fresh
compassionate
as i bit down

juice
sweet and bright
filled my
sense

i knew then

my life will continue


this simple
jesture
of kindness
gave life

it is
the best carrot
i have ever tasted

sustinance

life

from kind shining eyes

angels
are
everywhere
i thank this one
now
i thank her
always

i shared the carrot
with my
savior
my love

we

walked on


1 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Quite a lot of poems. I have to get some time at liesure to read them all. Swaha.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home