Monday, February 20, 2006

enough is enough

my desk is a mess
and my art's in recess
my hair has grown out white as snow
my money all gone
my bands on the run
and my life seems too sideways to grow
oh the fun of the pause
i write sentance and clause
as the bills on my doorstep pile up
i laugh till i cry
as the eagles all fly
an my insides cry out"that's enough"
a promise is made
as i stand in the shade
and i wait for the telephone ring
to tell me at home
as i pick my last bone
to pick my guitar and just sing
a year has gone past
since i thought it would last
all the praises were sung high and low
i watch friends dissappear
as they grow in their fear
that their hero's have delt their last blow
fair weather friends
with me to the end
of prosperities walk then they run
troubles they have
with the good and the bad
until once more i'm out in the sun
then praises they have
as doubt's looks that they had
creep away in a land that is safer
cause' once more at the top
the cream of the crop
makes it feel like their not second placers
i'm not bitter at all
as i make this life call
its the plague of all livers of life
to be out in the sun
with those who have won
is better than wearing my strife
so all is fogivin
as i work at my livin'
and knock on the doors till i bleed
because to give up
is to lose lifes great cup
and to let my whole world go to seed




2 Comments:

Blogger Katiez Furry Mewz said...

That's exactly how I feel right now....

Thanks for the poem.

Oh I found your little note about "where did you go??"

Did you find me?

^..^

12:19 AM  
Blogger Katiez Furry Mewz said...

I really like your poetry...

When are you going to publish this all in a book... please?

^..^

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home