Thursday, December 15, 2005

sun dust

the tattooed man
spreads sundust
over the path i tread
he's marked with his life long earnings
of love of life and dread
he wanders over my span of life
lighting a maze of ways
from buddah to all the christ the lords
in who's mangers he did lay
the tattooed man has history
in colors on his skin
you can read up on his mystery
from his toe tops to his chin
he knows my thoughts ahead of time
he traces my deepest fears
he walks my path with angels
throughout my numbered years
the tatooed man has wings
like tarahumara
on his feet
he laughs the while i struggle
toward the illusions that i meet
he picks me up as i fall away
he weeps when i am down
he feeds my soul
he pays the tolls
as life makes it's constant rounds
the tattoed man he lights the way
brandishing a blinding sword
he lives with me deep in my soul
his magic holds no bounds

the tatooed man he is my sage
my high priest and my savior
i look to him for guidence now
i ask him this one favor:
let me pay the price i must
to finish what i've started
let the house of dreams be built
in mexico and kentucky
let money come so that the
pressures gone
and the poor can feel more lucky
let there be some savings please
a cushion we can lie on
so that all is well
when you ring that bell
and i have some land to die on







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home