Tuesday, December 20, 2005

played out

nothing left in the bank till
the next time
nothing i can pull on
squeeking by
like a child in a hiding closet
i cower
wondering if
and if
and if

sitting on my
star
gazing into the dark
things falling apart
health
money
jobs
all

still
my vision
holds
my dream is intact
let it be
let my dream manifest

fear
like the dark cold
grips me
the angels are
standing on street
corners
smoking and drinking
they wander the pathways
of my soul
like so many insects
i am too old for this
i am too old
i lay my burdon on the court of
destiny
i plead my
case
my dream is there
it is waiting birth
give me the tools
so that i might build
my dream
into laughter
love
security
o
let it shine
i am only a man
who has a dream
i am only that
i am only that
i am only that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home