Saturday, October 01, 2005

october 1

the first day
always the first
day
rising
standing up
being at home
a blessing
on the first
every
day

there will be
a last day
and
it will start
a usual
first day

this day will matter
as i rise
as i dress
as i
brush my hair
my teeth
shower and shave

this day wil matter
this
first and last
day

how i love will matter
how i love
is all that will matter
on this first day
this last day

as i walk from my home
to my car
or as i rest
in my bed
reach for my love
or as i
speak my
last word

this day
this first day
this day of passing
into the known
into the unknown

today could be that day
so i love
and i watch
and i enjoy
this great gift
as i look through
the windows of being
as i travel the path
this path
i still tread

this is the first day
this is the first day
this is the first day

i am glad for it

1 Comments:

Blogger George Breed said...

Thanks, poet guy! Pretty cool. Good geezer understanding.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home