Tuesday, October 25, 2005

noreaster

familiar and exciting
the living breathing earth
the shelter and destroyer
the giver and the taker
the claiming of its own
this earth
whose star is smiling
balanced
on the edge
our milky way

who am i
like
jean val jean
i wonder
why am i
what is this
for what reason
is
love
the answer
is
compassion

how do i
keep my balance

there is a voice
chanting inside me
i hear it
faint
almost heard

it is a living voice
a song
a mantra
a thread
it holds me here
in place
i do not know
my purpose

still
i embrace my children

i fall heavily
into the rebirth
of my lovers arms
i fret and struggle
i laugh
i escape
i run into the wind
a lost child
filled with my prayer
my tears
neither
of laughter
or sadness
cry out
and
i feel the answer
i know the outcome
i dance
the dance of my
ancestors
i pray the dreams
of
all mankind
i accept
with reluctance
the foldings of the earth
its fire

i long for life
as it longs inside me

it is my cause
it is my purpose

as i
repent
as i try
again
again
and
again

and the wind blows hard
steady
it is my
celebration
it is my
evensong












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home