Monday, October 24, 2005

the storm

a storm is coming
hide your head
the wind
might blow you
from your bed
a tree may fly
across the yard
and shingles dance
for rains reward

it's dark and windy
the mice have all hidden
the preachers are praying
aginst the forbidden
the lovers are loving
like clams in the sea
calm can no longer
be taken to be
the waves are all churning
deep out in the ocean
and all living creatures
have stopped all their motion
the storm is a comin'
thers no time for laughter
we're protecting our walls
from the coming disaster

we bought lots of candles
oil lamps and such
put food in the ice box
we won't suffer too much
unless the great windy
should break down our doors
and force all the water
to cover our floors
and like wendy
or dorothy, mary poppins or alice
we're picked up in the air
and
sent flying to dallas

the storm she is coming
the rains coming down
all the people are snuggled up
all over town
the streets are all empty
the children abed
the whole town is shaking
from what anderson cooper has said
better take cover
better leave town
the wind might not get you
but when the storm surge comes round
your house will be floating
your street will be rivers
the thought of it folks
just gives me the shivers

the storm is a raging
i'm going to bed
i'm cnn watching
i'm taking my meds
they know better than me
what's right out my door
what's out of my window
what's under my floor

the wall they may rattle
my tea cups might shake
'til cnn tells me
oh
i
can't
stay
awake








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home