Sunday, March 27, 2005

easter

every easter
every easter
every easter
i walk through the flowered fields
of my memory
i walk with my mothers
sunny
wide brimmed hat
and pretty dresses
i walk with my hand in
my fathers french cuffed
lucky strike
hand
i walk with my brothers
chatter and mirth
the smells of perfume
cologne, bakery and incence
i walk with the color and warmth
of kentucky spring
in the safty
and shelter
of my family
and
my church
where god was kind
where god was easy
where god was innocent
where god cared
where everything
was beautiful
sweet smelling
fresh
alive
filled with
laughter
we knew no future then
or pain
dissappointment
worry
or shame
it was
and is
in my memory
the easy memory of
mass,
smiles
hope
dreaming
kindness
refuge
and
love
how those days
long gone
will always
be

easter time
my time
for re-thinking
re-arrangeing
re-aligning
re-evaluating
re-inventing
re-tooling
re-membering
re-hearing
re-defining
re-laxiing
re-solving
re-kindling
re-lieving
re-pairing
re-newing
re-storing
re-vitilizing
re-suscitating
re-freshing
re-viving
re-animating
re-conditioning
re-juvination
re-surrecting
and
of course
the gift of
my children
always
re taking
my heart
and
the new growing
love
of my ever present
companion, lover
friend and more than
wife


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home