Friday, March 18, 2005

today

today i'm thinking of my mother
all those who've gone before
aunts and uncles father nephew
all at my hearts door
how i miss them all this morning
as into my aging soul i gaze
how they touched me every one
how the helped me on my way
i know that years from now i'll join them
along with those i never knew
and those i love will be there with me
in that ever giving living brew
how i miss their gentle voices
in the easy southern evenings
the porch swings sweetly creaking
softly talking of their day things
oh those days when all was safety
lying on my mothers breast
hearing all that moved inside her
a symphony of that refuges rest
oh my life has been so noisy
filled with failed ambitions voice
running hard from all who left me
out of safety comforts choice
far from where i fell
from heavens lifelike gift
i sit here with a newish life
an engame and a risk
love has found me here at last
with guides that i have known
lending me their gracefilled hands
at last i have a home
but still i long for voices there
for gentle soothing hands
of those i loved so long ago
in that great distant land

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home