Wednesday, March 16, 2005

renewal

here we go again again this time is speeding by
today i more than recognize
today has never been
my life has had it's moments wonder
magic, love, and bliss
i have climbed the mountains high
felt the oceans kiss
i have walked the emerald forests
breathed the desert air
wondered at the eagle in her towering lair
i have looked inside me pleaded with the gods
known the flowing rivers
breathed the birthing sod
i have watched my children born
felt the angry wind
lain on my back with lovers
indulged in every sin
i have watched my gardens age
underneath the moon
seem my loved ones pass away
while others grow and bloom
i have traveled far from home
never to return
seen the awfulness of war
while few if ever learn
i have known the softness of voices singing verse
watched as healing hands
have lifted fevers curse
i have searched for answers
with my aging art
and found them in the innocence
of childhoods beating heart
of all the things i've known and read
of all the life of life
the home i've found, at last can rest
with you
yes you
my wife.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home