Tuesday, August 16, 2005

damp

this day is damp as you can see
it drains the soul of all it's glee
it makes a joke of misery
sags the toast and ruins my tea

i am a man who's suit won't fit
when the damp gets into it
my feet swell up a little bit
it drains me of my mother wit

combine all that with no real job
makes me feel like an old fat slob
without a reason to hob nob
can't even pet my old dog bob

so i sit on my fat ass
watch tv smoking grass
waiting for the time to pass
right along with all my gas

as you can tell i don't feel good
feeling trapped in the neighborhood
can't figure out what do i could
burnt out ruined stick of wood

so here i am feeling sorry for me
too damn lazy to take a pee
lost in obsessive thoughts of gee
feeling old as the oldest tree

it'll stop one of these days
i can feel it through the haze
waiting has it's curious ways
then i'll be clearly out of this daze

so worry not about this old man
he has taken many a stand
down to the very last grain of sand
and wound up in the promised land

doo dee doo dee dum dee dee
it's turned around i'm filled with glee




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home