Thursday, July 21, 2005

it is nice

nice to have money
nice to have love
food on the table
rain from above
big ole' garden
filled with corn and beans
cats in the window
hummingbird sings
little bright flowers
blooming my eyes
memories of children
giving me the sighs
house i have lived in
lo these many years
beauty around me
bringing me to tears
friends come to visit
talk of this and that
chickens in the maples
cluck and peck and chat
the sky so blue now
the rain has passed
the yard needs mowing
i make me laugh
coffee on the desktop
love under blanket
warmth all around
the earth i thank it
i sing my gifts
as life goes down
listen to the music
of these gifts profound
could have good work
could have more money
i count my blessings
in my land of milk and honey



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home